What Our Real Blogs Can't Know

A place where nobody knows your name (insert Cheers joke here). A place to write what we can't write on our (real) blogs.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Shalom

Hello, my name is Zoe (HI ZOE!), and it's been a little over 90 days since my family found out about my (real) blog.

There are things I want to write that I don't want them knowing about. There are things I want to write that I wouldn't mind if they knew, but I don't want to talk with them about. You know, like the fact that they're planning a trip to the West Coast in October and I have no interest in seeing them at all while they're here. Little things like that.

I greatly value the feedback I get on my other blog from the people who comment. That's why keeping a diary wouldn't cut it. I don't really know enough people that I could have had asked all my people to visit my blog. So I couldn't password-protect mine.

Initially I did not want to start another, secret blog. I told my family I wouldn't have one. But I've changed my mind. Quite honestly, I'm much less emotionally healthy now than I was four months ago. There's nothing I value more than my mental health. Nothing. Because if you're not sane, you can't appreciate anything. I try to take very good care of my mental health.

And so, after batting around the idea with a friend, as of yesterday, this blog has been born. It's ironic - that I need to hide from my family in order to talk with .... everyone else in the entire world. But I do, so here I am.

7 Comments:

  • At 5/28/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger anne said…

    Blogging can be very soothing when you're not worried about who might read it.

    My in-laws read mine...and certain other family members. So what do I do to vent off when I need to about in-laws?

    Everybody else' blogs...

    Here's to healthy mentality!

     
  • At 5/28/2006 3:23 PM, Blogger BITE MY COOKIE said…

    i am thinking about doing this very thing myself -- but i want to shut down my old blog and just start over so nobody knows but the interwebs.

    i hear you on the mental health tho. shalom, shalom. thanks for inviting me.

     
  • At 5/28/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Candy Noseisnumb said…

    shalom.
    I fully expect credit for this. I told you last saturday, that your mom "anonymous" commenting on our blog was just TOO much and it had to go. I like this idea much better.

    right on ZOE!

     
  • At 5/28/2006 6:52 PM, Blogger Candy Noseisnumb said…

    oops. I meant YOUR blog...

     
  • At 5/29/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said…

    Good for you. There are things I don't even talk about on cl because I have a feeling there are family members who check out 4657 from time to time. No way in hell I'm going to blog about them.

    I hope this new blog gives you the outlet you need to shout out into the abyss from time to time. I'm glad you're still writing. You crack me up, and your introspect fascinates me.

     
  • At 5/30/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hooray for anonymity! Now you can let it all out. Very therapeutic.

    Go Zoe!

     
  • At 6/01/2006 7:27 PM, Blogger Mrs. Featherbottom said…

    good idea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home