What Our Real Blogs Can't Know

A place where nobody knows your name (insert Cheers joke here). A place to write what we can't write on our (real) blogs.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dream a Little Dream

I woke up this morning realizing I had a dream that involved, among others, Stephanie Klein. A bunch of us were on a school bus and SK was sitting towards my left talking to people about her earrings. My friend Sabrina was sitting to my right looking sad and stressed. When I asked her what was wrong she said that her husband was at the lab. He'd just found out he had cancer and needed a kidney transplant. So I decided that since we were on a bus where all of us were friends with someone, if not all with each other, we should organize and see if any of us would be willing to be tested in case we were a match for James.

Some nitwit suggested SK be in charge of organizing this and she walked over to my friend, sat down next to her and started talking about how "I touch on kidneys in my new book Moose, a memoir about my time at fat camp. Well, not kidneys exactly but kidney beans. Or rather, how we had a salad bar at camp and everyone only ever wanted the croutons...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home