What Our Real Blogs Can't Know

A place where nobody knows your name (insert Cheers joke here). A place to write what we can't write on our (real) blogs.

Monday, November 26, 2007

What I'm Wishing Right Now


  • That when I emailed people, they emailed me back.
  • That I got more emails from people in general.
  • That when I put myself out there, people were gentle or encouraging, or hell, at least acknowledged me
  • That I didn't keep throwing myself out there only to get hurt
  • That people would let it go when I tell them I am too sensitive to handle the rejection and they need to trust me on that.
  • That my mother would just back the fuck off.
  • That it hadn't taken me so long to find the fucking proper username for this damn blog.
  • That the law firm I'm temping at would offer me a job already so I could stop paying $592 per month for COBRA
  • That I felt better
  • That I could just tell my mother I don't want any hanukah presents from her and she'd just accept that.
  • That I wasn't so tired.
  • That I make it to work early tomorrow, just a little bit, just early enough so I'm not late.
  • That I had a dog. My wooden one is awesome. But, you know. It's not the same.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11/27/2007 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard "I wish I had a dog" from my niece no less than three times between Thursday and Sunday. She adores my mom's dogs, but my sis and her hubby won't let her have one. She's only five and they have a 2yo and an infant now, so I can understand their point, but no one can convince my mom that it's not another sign that my sister's husband is an asshole.

    Sorry you're still struggling with your mom. I was thinking that since you hadn't posted on this blog for such a long time that things were going well for you.

     
  • At 11/27/2007 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I also hate when people don't email back...even a "got it" email reply would be fine most of the time.

    Can you have a dog where you live? We don't have the room for one, but would be awfully sad without our kitty. Just someone to greet you at the door and snuggle with. Wooden dogs probably don't snuggle very well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home