What Our Real Blogs Can't Know

A place where nobody knows your name (insert Cheers joke here). A place to write what we can't write on our (real) blogs.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Update on The Girlfriend

No, not mine. I'm still straight. My brother's girlfriend.

She still hates me.

My brother and I have had numerous talks the last couple of months (made easier by his working 80 hour weeks so I always know he can speak freely).

The Girlfriend still hates me.

I sent word to her, through my brother, that I would welcome the opportunity to talk and clear the air and listen to whatever she has to say, blah, blah, blah.

The other day my brother said they are thinking of coming to SF at the end of July. The GF wants to hang out with a friend my brother doesn't like, so my brother told her he'd hang out with me. She was a bit angry about that. I asked my brother if perhaps the GF feels betrayed by him - that she wants him to be as angry at me as she is. He said "of course" and that what he tells her is that this is NOTHING compared to the shit I used to pull, this is barely even a blip on the radar.

That hurt my feelings. A lot. I reminded my brother I did not do this TO them. I reminded him that I specifically was NOT bringing problems I had with her, to him because of his health problems and the fact that he seemed happy (sort of) and I support that. That I wrote in my blog to vent. I never wrote that his GF was ugly and dresses like shit. I just wrote that she was mean to her dog and it hurt me to watch. That she couldn't stop putting down things my brother likes, even after he acknowledged her feelings.

My brother also said that his GF said she is hesitant to be in public with me. Somehow, after reading my blog, she is worried about what I might do in public to cause a scene, that I might freak out or something. What the fuck is that?!

I am the ANTI-SCENE person! I HATE lots of attention. I'm not the one who gets drunk and loud! I'm not the one who went to my brother's party and made his friends uncomfortable (GF had some jealousy issues over a couple of work-friends my brother had). I'm not the one who got drunk and DROP-KICKED the dog!

Yet again, her comments prove that she really does not know me at all. Despite having been out to dinner with her a few times, and gone to a movie and to the Farmer's Market with me, she cannot seem to look past her fury to see reality.

I fucking hate her. I really, really do. I hope she and my brother break up soon. I'm sure my brother will be sad to not be getting laid on a regular basis anymore, but he will get over it.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/06/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger a stronger, braver me said…

    I know the grass is always greener, but I think I prefer her open hatred to my sil's method - acting like we are twins seperated at birth - the endless phone calls where we disagreed about everything, the visits to my house with her ill mannered children which were never initiated by me, and never seemed to end, and her constant lying to my mom to get cash from her.
    they are divorced now - thank god.

     
  • At 7/14/2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said…

    I'm still flummoxed as to how your brother thinks this is OK for his life.

    Let me guess...she's a snot to waiters and treats cab drivers like dirt?

    I hope, for his sake, and indirectly, yours, that your brother sees her for what she is. Sooner rather than later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home