What Our Real Blogs Can't Know

A place where nobody knows your name (insert Cheers joke here). A place to write what we can't write on our (real) blogs.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Progress

The other day I was on the phone with my brother, talking about when I'd move (currently month-to-month).

I told him how my roommate had said she wants to stay until we get kicked out, and doesn't want to move for at least nine months. I said maybe I should stay where I am.

He reminded me that all summer I've been saying I want to move this fall. Then he dropped the bomb.

"If you aren't all moved this fall, then we won't be able to leave our dog with you when we go to Florida in December."

What? WHAT?! I asked if CrazyGirl knew he was thinking of that. He said, "Actually, it was her idea." What? WHAT?!

So I said okay, I'll make it a point to be all moved by Thanksgiving time. He replied, "If you're going to do that, then be all moved BEFORE Thanksgiving, so we can leave the dog with you then too, while we go to Alaska."

What? WHAT?!

That'd be TWOOOOOOO doggie visits in two months! Technically, it's CG's dog. This is HUGE!

After that little exchange my brother and I had, I literally couldn't talk for quite some time. Just sat there, grinning like an idiot.

I'm fascinated that CG has made this leap. A huge part of what she was so upset about on the other blog was that I talked about how poorly I felt she treated the dog. Now she's okay with me dogsitting?!

Wow.

What was that about time healing all wounds?

3 Comments:

  • At 9/01/2006 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats. Sounds like she's thawing.

    And doggy sitting! Fun! Hope you find a great place in time.

     
  • At 9/01/2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Unemployed Nurse Jack said…

    Reading this made me feel happy for you. Maybe there is hope for her after all.

     
  • At 9/03/2006 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    damn, i was hoping you would be dogsitting down here. I no longer care about this subject. poo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home